At Parsons Law Group, we have extensive experience handling workers’ compensation claims arising from catastrophic injuries. These injuries often result in permanent disability, significant medical treatment, and a need for lifelong care or assistance. If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury on the job, we will explore all your options for compensation.
We have comprehensive knowledge of Georiga’s workers’ compensation system and an impressive track record of successful outcomes in third-party claims. When you partner with us, you will work directly with a seasoned workers’ compensation attorney who will fight to protect your rights and well-being. Contact our office today for a free evaluation of your case. Our firm serves clients in Atlanta, Savannah, and throughout the state.
Catastrophic Injuries On The Job
At Parsons Law Group, we often see several types of catastrophic injuries resulting from workplace accidents, including:
- Severe burns caused by fires, explosions, or exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Spinal cord injuries, often lead to paralysis, resulting from falls or being struck by heavy objects.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) due to falls, blows to the head, or other traumatic incidents.
- Loss of a limb or extremity (amputations) due to machinery accidents or severe injuries.
- Multiple fracture injuries require long recovery periods and may lead to permanent disability.
- Neurological disorders due to exposure to toxic substances or severe head trauma.
Such catastrophic injuries require extensive medical treatment and may permanently alter the course of a worker’s life.
Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in the Workplace
Workplace accidents that lead to catastrophic injuries are unfortunately more common than many realize, often occurring in environments where safety protocols are overlooked or hazards are present. Common causes of catastrophic workplace accidents include:
- Falls from heights are common in construction and warehouse settings and may result in severe injuries or death.
- Heavy equipment accidents often result in crushing injuries or amputations.
- Vehicle accidents involving forklifts, trucks, and other workplace vehicles
- Explosions and fires often occur in industrial or chemical plants, causing severe burns and inhalation injuries.
- Electrocutions resulting from contact with live wires or electrical equipment
No matter the cause of your catastrophic injury, we will fight for the benefits and compensation that consider all of your future medical and financial needs.
Workers’ Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries in Georgia
Workers’ compensation laws are designed to protect employees who suffer catastrophic injuries on the job. The benefits under workers’ compensation for catastrophic injuries typically include:
- Medical expenses – coverage for all medical treatments related to the injury, including surgeries, medications, and hospital stays.
- Lost wages – partial compensation for income lost due to the inability to work after the injury.
- Rehabilitation – funding for physical therapy and other rehabilitation services needed for recovery.
- Disability benefits – financial support in cases where injuries lead to temporary or permanent disability.
- Vocational rehabilitation – assistance for those who need to train for a different job due to their injuries.
Obtaining these benefits can be a complex process without the assistance of a seasoned workers’ compensation attorney—Trust Parsons Law Group to protect your rights and help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve.
Third-Party Claims and Catastrophic Injuries
In some cases of catastrophic injuries in the workplace, there’s the potential for a third-party claim, which goes beyond the scope of workers’ compensation. This type of claim arises when an entity other than the employer, such as a machine manufacturer or a subcontractor, is responsible for the injury.
Third-party claims can provide additional compensation for pain and suffering not typically covered under workers’ compensation laws. Successfully navigating these claims requires a deep understanding of both personal injury and workers’ compensation law. At Parsons Law Group, we will leverage our skills and experience to help you obtain the maximum compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us?
At Parsons Law Group, we bring a depth of knowledge and compassion to every case involving catastrophic workplace injuries. We understand the life-changing impact these injuries have on our clients and their families, and we dedicate ourselves to ensuring they receive the support and compensation they need.
You can trust us to guide you through the process and handle all the details, from submitting your worker’s compensation claim to gathering necessary medical evidence and negotiating with the insurance company.
Rather than rely on the findings of a doctor chosen by your employer, we regularly collaborate with a respected network of healthcare professionals who can help to substantiate your claim. Above all, we will stand by you every step of the way and fight to protect your rights and well-being.
Representing Victims of Catastrophic Injuries in the Workplace
No one expects to suffer a life-altering injury at work. At Parsons Law Group, we understand what’s at stake. When your well-being and future are on the line, you need the powerful representation our firm provides. The sooner you contact our office, the sooner we can start working on your claim.